Solder Paste Stencil - Only in Exceptional Cases
Since early 2011 a solder paste stencil for the SMT assembly is no longer required as the solder paste printing is carried out with the Jet Printer MY500. Nevertheless, it may be useful to work with a solder paste stencil in a few cases. For quality reasons, we only work with laser-cut stencils. With our quick clamping system "Micromount Vector Frame" a framing is not required, which saves costs.
For the creation of the template file, the following rules should be observed:
- Only the pads of SMD components should be in the data.
- If SMD pads are not supposed to be pre-tinned, e.g. test or connector pads, these may not be included in the data.
- Fiducials should also not be contained in the data.
- The file format Gerber is recommended, preferably Extended Gerber.
- The data should be one-to-one with the copper layer and should not be scaled down or enlarged.
- It is desirable to consider "Home Plates" for 2-pin ceramic components.
- A segmentation of cooling and ground planes is made by us or should be coordinated with us.
We recommend to leave the non-chip SMD components in the template, so they do not have to be recut in case of a placement change.
If the circuit board is set in a panel, the template data must accordingly be set in a panel. If the PCB manufacturer constructs a panel, he should also set the template data in a panel in order to ensure that the panel mask matches the printed circuit board exactly.
With a two-sided SMD assembly in conjunction with a one-sided THT assembly, it may be useful to set a SMD side in adhesive, so that wave soldering is possible. Besides the consideration of various design rules an adhesive stencil is required. When creating the adhesive stencil data, there are also certain rules to observe. Please contact us if you want to work with glue, we will gladly advise you. If you cannot provide data for the adhesive stencil, we can create these based on the center coordinates. However, a prerequisite is that these data are the center points. In times of selective soldering machines the assembly in adhesives has become very rare though.
The standard delivery time for stencils is 3 working days. If we receive the data before 9:00 am, this day counts as a full working day.
In Pool Service, we cut your image along with other customer images to one stencil. The advantage is that the cost of the blank are shared.
We store the stencils for you for a period of 10 years free of charge. On request we can also send you the stencil, provided it was not purchased in the pool service.
- Cost efficiency by pool service
- Quality improvement through laser-cut stencils