Flying Probe Test (FPT) - In-Circuit Test (ICT)
The flying probe test (FPT) is an electrical test method, which makes a simultaneous in-circuit test (ICT) of the top and bottom of a module easily and flexibly.
6 high-precision probes (needles), 4 on top and 2 on the bottom, are programmatically able to contact component pins (including fine-pitch components) or other contact points on a printed circuit board or assembly to perform an electrical test.
In addition to an electrical test, functional tests are also possible with the Flying Probe Tester and programs can be recorded via the JTAG interface. Combinations of functional tests and AOI testing can be implemented due to the two integrated cameras.
- Smart ICT: short-circuit, open-pin and component testing
- Functional tests (simple)
- With the Nodel-Z-Impedance Test (NZT), not only the presence of short circuits is tested, but also the characteristics of the network are measured and evaluated, taking all components into account.
- Through the Electro-scanning method connections are examined, which are in a bus structure and cannot be contacted with the needle, such as plug contacts. Open solder joints are detected via the field strength.
- Optical tests through camera image evaluation (can be extended)
- Boundary scan (can be extended)
- Maximum precision and speed
- High level of test coverage
- Test from 0201 to 01005 parts
- No separate test pads required
- Test without adapter
- All‐in‐one tester
- Short development times for test programs
- Soft‐Landing (feature for highly sensitive assemblies)
Video Flying Probe Test
Flying Probe Test as a service
If you would like to avail a Flying Probe test, do not hesitate to contact us.
We will be pleased to submit you an offer without obligation.
- 100% tested goods
- No problems with further processing steps
- Decreased risk of returns
- Reduction of a potential recall quantity