AXI - Automated X-Ray Inspection
Increased quality demands, especially in the automotive industry or medical technology, require an inspection of non-visible areas. X-ray inspection systems ensure product safety and avoid product recalls and customer complaints.
The automated X-ray inspection (AXI) is used for the control of assembled PCBs. While it is comparable to the automatic optical inspection (AOI), ray radiation is used instead of light.
By analyzing the X-rays internal structures such as contacts, displacement, solder bridges, solder flow-ups, defective solder joints or faulty melting of the solder can be detected.
With the X-ray Inspection, we are able to:
- perform a non-destructive inspection
- locate short circuits on BGA, CSP, QFN and flip chip
- detect voids in solder joints (BGA, CSP, QFN, QFP and flip chip)
- determine displacements of components
- examine semiconductors (wire bonds, die alignment)
- check switches, relays and contacts
- check plug, crimping and cable connections (automotive)
- perform an prototype inspection in order to avoid expensive production errors
- optimize process parameters
- carry out random sample analyzes
With the latest Nanofocus X-ray technology, we are setting new benchmarks for quality assurance. At your request, we can test your circuit boards and send you a detailed report with conclusive picture material about the quality of your product.
X-Ray Inspection as an Service
If you would like to avail a X-ray inspection, do not hesitate to contact us.
We will be pleased to submit you an offer without obligation.
Images of an X-ray Inspection
- 100% tested goods
- No problems with further processing steps
- Decreased risk of returns
- Reduction of a potential recall quantity